Monday, June 23, 2008

Hag

For lack of an inspirational way to start off this post... I shall start it off thus.

The power of music is great. Yes, I know I've harped about music before... probably getting a little boring. But its such a huge part of my life, that I cannot but think about it, and write about it.


Anyway... as I was saying. The power of music is a great thing. I mean this not literally, as in music could smash you like the little bug you are... but more metaphorically.

I was listening to some songs I hadn't heard in ages, and there are all these strange, dusty old memories hidden in my head, which sort of walked to the front, sprinkling dirt all over my mind. Strange sensation, that. From this, I realised that the best part of my life so far, that most of my experiences have their very own personal soundtracks.

As an example... a friend of mine made me listen to '21st century sha la la girl' by Def Leppard during my previous board exams. The song was so good, that I listened to little else during the exams... and when I listened to the song again, my mind unwillingly went to my friend's house, or of my study table, or of the exam hall. To further clarify, if this helps at all, these memories aren't distinct. They've only got a certain distinct smell, and feel to them. They aren't individual. Its almost as if they've joined forces to call themselves an 'experience'.

Quite similarly, 'What it is' by Mark Knopfler... it brings to me the 'smells' of Facebook, of Jetman, and of the recent twelfth board exams, more precisely, of Chemistry. For I was hooked to this song when I joined Facebook. Then I got hooked to Facebook, and along with Facebook came Jetman. Now I can proudly say that I'm off all three. (What? Yes, I CAN get off Facebook. I just don't want to. Hmph)

There are other memories, other songs... some of them personal, some of them mindless, but to list them all here is sheer madness. So I'm not going to try.

Well, I suppose this is the closest I've gotten to personal drivel. For what clearly isn't personal drivel, you can check the post called 'Not Personal Drivel'. That's a good example of what isn't personal drivel.

Anyway.

Signing off.

Me.

5 comments:

Suzie said...

Andvari by Sigur Ros.

That is all.

Kitchi said...

Wha-?

Anonymous said...

By far your best post till now. Could've cut out the loose ends though. Very good.


Your secret stalker.

Anonymous said...

okay !

love,
a roasted banana.

Suzie said...

It is a song. Listen to it.