Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The Difference Between Sauce And Ketchup

And so we come to it.

The most controversial thing to hit mankind, since sliced bread. (Alright, so that wasn't controversial. Sue me. Or something)

SAUCE!

And.

KETCHUP!


They're both red. I have chips, and sauce. And chips, and ketchup. And bread and cheese and sauce. And bread and cheese and ketchup. And other things with sauce. And other things with Ketchup.

But... you have Tomato ketchup, right? But no tomato sauce. Nothing... not one sauce, along the tomato lines. Not that I'm complaining. I hate tomatoes. But its just one of those things, the conundrums of the universe. Some things shall never have an answer. This isn't such a thing.

There's vegetable sauce, as far as I can tell... and Tomato and chilli sauce. But no pure tomato sauce. Only the adulterated junk.

And some people say 'But ketchup is thicker!' Well... porridge is thicker than rice. In a manner of speaking. But they're both grains. Stupid people.

So, back to the original question.

Or statement, or whatever I started out with.

What's the deal with ketchup? Or sauce for that matter? Couldn't we just have liquid tomatoes? Then I'd be in bliss, happily hating them, as I do.

But noooo.

They HAVE to make it taste good. So now I'm a hypocrite. I like tomato ketchup... but I hate tomatoes. I hate the ketchup/sauce companies.

Oh.

What's the difference between the two? The spelling? No. (I mean... yeah, they are different and all, but that's not what I was looking for, If you thought of that answer... you're an idiot)
So if it isn't the ingredients, and the consistency is irrelevant... then what is the difference between sauce and ketchup?

I guess I shall die, never knowing the true meaning behind ketchup... and the myth that is sauce.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's the difference Between Kitchi and Tickle ?

They both tickle, so what was the point in creating the controversy ?

why not leave Kitchi as he was so that I can hate him

Now I'm not even a hypocrite anymore cz I still hate Kitchi even though he tickles .....

*mourns at the loss of hypocrisy*

But yeah, the Ketchup/Sauce thing got me thinking too, that's a weird point ..... no more are you the only one dying in sheer confusion, I'll also be the one thinking hard about solving this mystery in my last few seconds of life, I'll probably swallow scores of sauce and ketchup in the process of dying, the weirdest display of death ever recorded in the sane human history ...... a dying person goes insane ......

I used to have a brain ,,,,
yeah, I've lost it ,,,,

Kitchi said...

unknown poster... do you know Umair Shuaib?

Gosh... you really remind me of him. He's a real uh... poster, you know.

Yep.

Very weird death indeed. Person kethup's himself to death, as sauce is just a myth, concocted by the uh, undistry, to make us buy more stuff.

Hey! I said undistry, instead of industry. Undistry can be the study of underwear.

yuck.

Aashirwad Viswanathan Anand said...

Porridge is not thicker than rice.

Well, it depends on what form of rice. If it's boiled rice then rice is thicker than porridge. seriously. Just try to stir it and you'll know.

radha said...

Hey, here's another question: in the film industry, for blood, do you think they use ketchup (or as kitchi said in his comment 'kethup') or sauce? ... or do they use neither?

Suzie said...

Radha,
They have this special concoction that resembles blood. Discovery Kids had an episode on how to make it, along with sugar glass.

Thakalis are the sex.

Kitchi said...

Radha...

SAUCE DOESN'T EXIST!

radha said...

..oh..right... *sits in corner*